We recently released a deeper integration with DynaScape Manage360 to save you time estimating, purchasing, and managing your landscaping projects. DynaScape customers can now send project and estimate details directly to LandscapeHub from within DynaScape Manage360.
Green spaces in cities are highly beneficial to their residents. For one, they offer something every person needs—oxygen. By incorporating green spaces into urban layouts, city dwellers will get a breath of fresh air. One tree removes about 26 pounds of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere every year.
When clients request rare plants, do you cringe just a bit? Sure, you want to give your clients what they want, but sourcing rare plants can be time-consuming and difficult.
What’s trimming your margins? There’s a good chance there are many factors. Changing prices, seasonality, time-consuming product hunts—can all shrink your margins.
Has it been awhile since you've been to a trade show, conference, or industry event in-person? You're not alone. Sadly, many of the in-person events we love to attend to connect with our industry colleagues were canceled this past year due to the global pandemic. But, it looks like many are coming back later this summer and fall.
We figured you may need a few tips on how to make the most of your travel this year. Here are our best tips for a profitable show.
Order the Essentials on Time
There are three things no company should be without, and you will need to jump right on this to be ready. Those include:
- Booth furnishings, including tables, chairs, carpet, and tablecloths
- Electrical hookups
Contact the venue hosting the trade show or the organization putting on the trade show to organize your order. You might be able to order from one vendor, or you might juggle multiple vendors, but it’s important not to leave anything out.
You might be thinking, “Why do I need to order wifi? Can’t I just use the hotspot on my phone?” We wouldn’t chance it. Some of these trade show halls are concrete bunkers and you don’t want to risk not getting a signal for important business.
Must-Have Supplies that can Make or Break Your Trade Show
Whether you’re new to managing your own trade show booth or an experienced road warrior, you’re sure to find something new on this list to add to your kit. Don’t leave home without these things.
- A small tool kit with a variety of screw drivers, wrenches, a flashlight, duct tape, and pliers.
- Extension cords & power strips: because no matter what electrical gives you, it will never be enough and you don’t want to have to hunt down more.
- Zip ties for tweaking your display
You’ll feel less hassled if you can fend for yourself with these show day supplies.
- Gum or mints so that you’re always fresh when talking to hundreds of visitors to your booth.
- Aspirin or Advil because you will get a headache.
- Hand Sanitizer both for booth visitors and for yourself.
- Comfy shoes, including an extra pair so you can switch halfway through the day.
- Portable steamer (for your clothes, tablecloths, or display).
- Snacks, because the exhibit hall food might be far away, is usually expensive, and generally requires time you don’t have to stand in line.
- Bottled water to stay hydrated and keep your energy up. (Or encourage your staff to bring water bottles and bring several jugs so they can fill up.)
- Sharpies for writing notes on business cards. Click sharpies are extra convenient!
- A small notebook to make notes about contacts, including a few business details and how you need to follow up.
- Click top ballpoint pens for making notes. (Just say no to pen caps that will get lost!)
- Tons of your own business cards and business cards for others in your business. Maybe you’re not the best contact for one of your booth visitors but someone else in your organization is.
- Candy to give away. Everyone walking the show floor has low blood sugar from long days and candy is a great way to get people into your booth and engage. (Don’t forget the candy bowl.)
- Collateral that leads back to your website. If you’re giving away printed materials, tuck them in a tote bag with your website on it. Branded flash drives are always helpful because they’re easy to use, useful to customers, and will keep you top of mind.
- Branded apparel. Outfit your staff in smart shirts, and provide logo pullovers or vests because exhibit halls can be chilly! (There’s still time to order before winter, but you’ll need to hop to it.)
Ready to roll? You are now! Here’s to a prosperous season ahead.
Wow, our first event with Industry Collective was an absolute blast.
Drone usage goes way beyond the amateur flyer. In fact, drones have become a key tool for many industries. These applications include use in landscaping, so meet your new favorite piece of equipment. This one actually does the work for you.
Working with buyers and sellers across the country gives us the unique position of seeing what plants are requested repeatedly, which are widely available, and the ones that are SUPER difficult to find. We pulled our data and polled our team to get their take on which plants, in particular, are going to be high in demand this year but short on supply. We've also offered substitution suggestions whenever possible so you can stay ahead of the competition.
We’ve created the global industry data standard with the world's largest searchable plant database with over 44,000 plants mapped to-date. With that much data available to us, and a network of thousands of buyers searching, quoting, and ordering plants every day, we've gathered quite a bit of data on what's trending across plant categories.
While we see lots of opportunity for growth in the year ahead, it's essential to be aware of our industry's unique challenges. Some are new, while others are ongoing issues that we must continue to plan around. Please take a look below for the four we think are more important to keep track of this year, and be sure to check out our marketplace report for the full industry outlook.